Rear-end accidents, where one vehicle collides with the back end of another vehicle, are common. They have a number of causes, including auto defects, distraction, speeding, driving under the influence of alcohol, and many more. They can also happen when the front car comes to a sudden stop and the rear driver was following too close.
If you have been rear-ended, it’s likely that you may suffer from whiplash and related neck injuries, which are very common. There are even instances where several vehicles are involved in rear-end accidents. When this happens, the most important thing to do is determine who is at fault and pursue rightful compensation. To achieve this, you will need an experienced rear-end motor vehicle accident lawyer, and this is where we come in.
When such an accident occurs, there may be some dispute as to who is responsible. If you are involved in such an accident, you should call us immediately. Our highly experienced lawyers will use their skills and experience to fight for your rights.
Rear-end collisions are quite dangerous as they can cause different types of car accident injuries such as head, neck, whiplash, spinal, and other injuries. The damage can be extensive, as one car may end up causing multiple accidents, pushing cars into the other cars in front of them.
Causes of Rear-End Car Accident and Crashes
There are quite a number of causes of rear-end auto accidents. Some of the common ones include:
– Auto Defects: The vehicle has a mechanical issue that make it impossible to stop on time.
– Tailgating: The rear driver fails to keep a reasonable distance from the vehicle in front and the collision happens when the car ahead slows down or stops abruptly.
– Faulty Brake Lights: Brake lights are used as indicators that the vehicle in front is about to stop. If the lights are not working, a sudden stop may cause a rear-end collision.
– Vehicle Going Too Fast for Road Conditions: In Alberta, we have winter conditions for up to 8 months of the year at times. A common cause of a rear end collision is when the at-fault vehicle is travelling at a rate of speed too fast for road conditions, and due to ice, snow or wet conditions, find they cannot stop in time to avoid a collision.
– Distracted Driving: With the advent of cell phones, many people are on the phone, either talking, or texting, or watching videos when they drive! This (unfortunately) is the cause of many collisions.
It is worth noting that rear-end cases may have several parties involved, especially where multiple vehicles are involved. We will deal with the insurance companies and ensure that you receive the compensation that you are entitled to. In fact, our managing lawyer, Dale Szakacs, used to defend insurance companies and now represents only plaintiffs. Dale knows how to deal with insurance companies to get you the best settlement.
Do I Need A Lawyer For Rear-End Car Accident Injuries?
Rear-end auto accidents can be complicated to resolve, especially in cases where there are multiple parties. Hiring a professional car accident lawyer is strongly recommended to help with the process. We are a highly experienced team of personal injury lawyers in Calgary and we are always available to help you out. Call us today and we will guide you through the entire process. We will fight for you so that you get a favourable outcome.